[mythtv-users] Poor H.264 1080p playback

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Jan 4 13:14:35 UTC 2019

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 09:05:44 -0600, you wrote:

>I was hoping my system upgrade would have fixed the problem but it has not.
>
>I recently upgraded the CPU to a 4 core Athlon w/ 16GB of memory but I
>still have a fanless GT730 for the video card. I wouldn't think 1080p H.264
>playback would be an issue for a fairly "modern" system but I find myself
>switching to my Roku/Plex to playback archived movies.
>
>To be accurate I have not had problem with Comcast H.264 recordings from my
>HDHR-CC which makes me think it's more of a high bitrate problem?
>
>I'm running the current Nvidia drivers from RPM Fusion.
>
>Thanks,
>Richard

There should not be any problems with that combination - the GT730
does everything that MythTV needs.  It is more likely you have one of
the settings wrong.  Check that you are using the VDPAU High Quality
profile, and that you have set that profile to use all 4 CPU cores.

What sort of visual problems are you seeing?