[mythtv-users] Tuning problems

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 22:29:12 UTC 2019

On 01/01/2019 21:00, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 01/01/2019 19:38, Damian Surr wrote:

>>> Hi Damien:  This may help:
>>>
>>> https://www.a516digital.com/2018/02/freeview-frequency-changes-27th-feb-and.html
>>>

>>> I don't know how authoritative it is, but it notes frequency changes
>>> made at Mendip in February, although it doesn't look as if they
>>> affected the main muxes. Last time I looked ukfree.tv hadn't caught
>>> up with changes made at my local transmitter around that time.
>>>
>>> John P
>>
>> Thanks for this John,
>>
>> Although I don't understand it enough to know the implications :-)
>>
>> I've just tested out an actual real TV, and it scanned all channels,
>> so I assume Myth should be able to find them too.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Damian
>>
> Hi Damian:  *If* your best transmitter is Mendip and you have DVB-T
> tuners I think you need the main PSB muxes on 562 and 578, and Com 4,5
> and 6 on 690, 570 and 594 MHz - ie the numbers quoted followed by
> 000000.  The 'local' low power transmitter for Bristol is on 714 MHz.
> Have a line for each, set its Bandwidth to 8 MHz and try a scan of
> 'All known transports'   You might be able to input fewer muxes if you
> 'enable scanning of linked transports,' but there have been changes in
> the details and I don't like exploring on a working system!
>
> The other frequencies listed will need DVB-T2-capable tuners. Skip for
> now.
>
> The 'connected to card input' thing is likely looking for something
> like 'dvb' in the 'Video Source' box on the Channel Editor page.  When
> I click OK it goes away...
>
> John

I've tried, many times, to manually set the transports to the correct
frequencies, and then scan only those frequencies.

That used to work fine, but doesn't any more.

I'm at a loss on how to get this working.

Mendip is the transmitter that used to work fine.

I've used an app on my phone to set the angle of my antenna as
accurately as I can.

I've looked at the antenna's, on the roofs of neighbours houses, and the
angle looks the same as mine.

Regards,
Damian