[mythtv-users] posting protocol - bottom vs. top???

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 21:49:57 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 12:03 PM Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>
wrote:

> stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> neatly demonstrated why bottom
> posting is better :
>
> > I have always preferred top posting as I don't have to scroll... but it
> is a marmite thing...
>
> Ah yes - it saves YOU effort, but imposes effort onto everyone reading
> your message.

I totally disagree that it saves a reader effort to bottom post. It is a
huge pain to scroll up to the previous message when I could instead just
look at the top of the previous post using the threading feature of my
email reader in this case gmail. This is much more the case when the
quoted just a single line you are replying to then it is easy.

PS. I trimmed the previous post and now can be accused of taking it out of
context. :-)

Allen