[mythtv-users] posting protocol - bottom vs. top???

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 20:03:03 UTC 2019

stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> neatly demonstrated why bottom posting is better :

> I have always preferred top posting as I don't have to scroll... but it is a marmite thing...

Ah yes - it saves YOU effort, but imposes effort onto everyone reading your message.
Because YOU didn't bother removing unnecessary quoted material (including TWO quoted copies of the list footers), and you posted above the quoted material, everyone else must look down the message and probably scroll to see what you are replying to - and if there's any other comments.

I've noticed a high correlation between the group that top posts, and the group that doesn't bother trimming unneeded quoted text.