[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 20 13:25:14 UTC 2019

On 02/20/2019 07:45 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> So this morning I was running mythfrontend and noticed in system
> information that mythfilldatabase ran but didn't update anything.
> could be a grabber issue.  I usually get this message when I testing
> and ran mythfilldatabase twice in a row while working on something else.
>
> So I ran it again to see if anything changed.  I posted the console
> showing quite a few things did change, but I still have this warning.
> (https://pastebin.com/5ZK28Tr9)  I normally only run mythfilldatabase
> once a day a 2am.
>
> I'm assuming this is a blip that will go away tomorrow, but I've never
> seen this message without me doing some mythtv-setup work.

That message doesn't mean as much as it seems to mean.  IIRC, MythTV
only compares the date/time of the farthest-in-the-future listing before
and after the fill and if there's nothing farther in the future after
the fill, it will display the message.  So that message can occur if
your grabber normally gets 10-14 days of data and on one fill happened
to get 14, but then doesn't get additional for a few days or
whatever--meaning it may just go away after a few days.

Alternatively, I've seen people here who somehow got a single listing
years in the future and saw that message until they deleted that errant
show.  I think if you look at MythWeb's Listings page and click the date
drop down, it will list the long-in-the-future date if one exists.

Mike