[mythtv-users] Updating from Data Direct to XMLTV

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Feb 18 00:58:58 UTC 2019

I use an HDHomerun Cable Card network tuner off of Comcast with
Schedules Direcct Data Direct Format. I'm running a few week old version
of the Myth trunk, which I haven't been updating since the trunk is
eliminating Data Direct sometime soon (if it hasn't already).

So I'm looking for the easiest way to convert to XMLTV on Schedules
Direct. I've run Myth for years, and don't want to lose any of the
history, rules, etc.

I have a lot of channels, and there are many chanids not in the
sourceid-chanum format. I don't think deleting and adding is the right
approach.

I presume I need to use the method editing the xmtltvid from nnnnn to
Innnnn.json.schedulesdirect.org

The suggestion of using the mythweb channel editor seems impractical
given how many channels there are. I would expect it would make more
sense to run a script against the channel table directly. I guess I
could write the sql, but it would seem that others must have done this
already.

Am I on the right track?