[mythtv-users] Updating from Data Direct to XMLTV

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:44:16 UTC 2019

On 2/17/19 6:58 PM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> I use an HDHomerun Cable Card network tuner off of Comcast with Schedules Direcct Data Direct Format. I'm running a few week old version of the
> Myth trunk, which I haven't been updating since the trunk is eliminating Data Direct sometime soon (if it hasn't already).
>
> So I'm looking for the easiest way to convert to XMLTV on Schedules Direct. I've run Myth for years, and don't want to lose any of the history,
> rules, etc.
>
> I have a lot of channels, and there are many chanids not in the sourceid-chanum format. I don't think deleting and adding is the right approach.
>
> I presume I need to use the method editing the xmtltvid from nnnnn to Innnnn.json.schedulesdirect.org
>
> The suggestion of using the mythweb channel editor seems impractical given how many channels there are. I would expect it would make more sense
> to run a script against the channel table directly. I guess I could write the sql, but it would seem that others must have done this already.
>
> Am I on the right track?

If you're brave, read the notes at the top of the attached. You can run it WITHOUT
the --wrmi (we really mean it) switch and it won't change anything, but will tell
you what will be done. It also has a --revert option.

Use --help 1st. Then: switch_to_json.py --host yourBackend (optionally adding
--verbose and even --debug to watch more of what's going on.)

It requires v30.0 and above, so master has a new Python module included (as long
as ./configure shows that the Python bindings are included.) The Services API is
used to make the changes.

I didn't, but would suggest making a DB backup before adding --wrmi. You would be
the 2nd person on the Planet Earth to use this.

N.B., the --verbose output has your SD login/password in it, so delete them if
pasting anywhere.

Did I mention reading the notes at the beginning of the attached?

--
Bill