[mythtv-users] v30 can anyone tell me is it worth upgrading?

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Mon Feb 18 00:24:05 UTC 2019

Eeek left off the url, sorry.

>> EG the ABC shows weekend news on one or more of it?s 4 mux?s.
>> I want to record 1 showing every week at that time but oh how it fails, recording upto 4 showings.
>>
>> Here duplicates do not help, title and subtitle are the same every week.
>>
>> So Record All Showings - this day and time - (What does First showing do)
>
> This is a problem caused by the EPG data really - not MythTV.  In the
> worst case, it is possible to use a Custom recording rule where you
> write SQL to tell the scheduler exactly what you want it to do.  I did
> that for my mother's Coronation Street recordings, so that it recorded
> CS episodes that were broadcast after 18:00 each day.  Otherwise she
> would get very confused by all the afternoon repeats that were
> recorded.

I admit to being a bear-of-little-brain but I do not understand. The EPG says exactly what will show.

eg today
2019-02-17 22:32:48.663689 I  ABC News                              24 ABC NEW 23 19:00-19:15   2  6  A  6 0

but the listing could be any combination of

20 ABC HD
21 ABC
23 ABC ME
24 ABC NEWS

And the EPG correctly shows the detail. Every match (which they all do) matches.

> The " this episode | this series | this time | this day and time | this
> channel ... " tick boxes make the scheduling incredibly flexible.

Cute! On Monday at about 9.00 pm ABC shows Q&A. It may show on any combination of their muxes and often repeats on any combination of their muxes the same day. Again the EPG is exactly correct.
Neither 'this time' or 'this channel' help.
The depreciated ‘Find one showing each week’ would solve this. I will have to dive into the SQL as suggested.

>> I?m using 29
>> I am making a serious effort to use the mythweb backend as I can?t get the php mythweb to run on Suse leap 15.0
>> I use php-mythweb on an ubuntu VM because there are occasions where :6544 just won?t do (I filed some tickets)
>> I recently changed my dual haupauge to quad siliconedust tuners.
>>
>> Somewhere in the above three items the scheduler is AFU.
>> I set it to record 1 show.
>>
>> Two tuners record THAT channel and show.
>> Has mythbackend corrupted the DB?
>
> We need a bit more information to help if you want to work out why
> this is happening.

What sort of information? Upcomming Recordings looks normal as does —printsched.

Interstingly I do have 3 recordings of ’Never Say Never Again’  The first is 46 minutes long but. the second and third started after 30 minutes.
http://tigger.ws/myth.png

oldrecorded hows the first and second (or third) entries only.
Boy am I confused.

James