[mythtv-users] Can't setup backend

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 01:32:50 UTC 2019

On 2/16/19 8:19 PM, Marvin Match wrote:
> I have been without MythTV since MythBuntu went away. Every few months
> I try again, but I just cannot figure it out. It has now been years.
>
> This is a new install. The hardware is a B250 MB, i7-7700K, 180 GB M.2
> SATA SSD, 16 GB ram, 4 each 4 TB SATA drives. OS is Xubuntu 18.04.2
> and I'm trying to run 0.29 from a MythBuntu PPA.
>
> When I try to run Mythbackend Setup it fails because it can't access
> the database. MySQL is running.
>
> I'm clueless how to troubleshoot this.
>
> Marvin Match

I document my installs so I can repeat them and create a blogger post so
I can find them. I have links below to 2 that are close to what you
want. Once with 16.04 and one with 18.04. Just pick and choose. The main
Mythtv part is similar.

https://mythtvinstall.blogspot.com/2018/01/creating-combined-mythtv-headless.html

https://mythtvinstall.blogspot.com/2018/10/creating-mythtv-v29-frontendbackend-on.html

Jim A