[mythtv-users] deleting tuners and replacing tuners

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:40:41 UTC 2019

On 2/13/19 7:44 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> You may not need to delete video sources, just assign only what you
> want used. The D key would probably do it, but I have no experience there.
>
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2019, 7:11 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com
> <mailto:jfabernathy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 2/12/19 4:44 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>

>>     On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 1:49 PM Michael T. Dean
>>     <mtdean at thirdcontact.com <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         On 02/12/2019 01:11 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>>         > It looks like I have to delete all tuners to remove any tuner.
>>
>>         Use DELETE, by default bound to D, to delete a single capture
>>         card.
>>
>>         Mike
>>

>>     Deleting a single tuner leaves a space in the tuner numbering, if
>>     your new card is to be your only tuner and you want your new
>>     card's tuners to be enumerated 1-4 delete all tuners in the BE
>>     setup > capture cards, then configure the new card and tie it to
>>     the old video source.
>>
>     That sounds like what I want to do.  Could I delete just one of my
>     video sources?? I think the new tuner card will receive all the
>     channels so I'd like to delete just the video source that has the
>     missing channels.
>
>     Jim A

Well this turned out to be fun and games. First my 'user' was not part
of the group 'video' so mythtv-setup could not open the dvb card I just
added. I fixed that so I could use the card.

However, the video sources and input connections would not mesh up.  I
had 2 sets of channels in the guide. One without any schedule data and
those channels I could tune to.  The channels with data could not be
tuned to.

For some reason when I did the tuner scan as part of the input
connection setup it number the channels 5_1, 11_1, etc. But the XMLTV
EPG had all the channels listed as 5.1, 11.1, etc.  This may be because
I had built the existing XMLTV for use with mythhdhrrecorder and I
followed those instructions.

I seem to have it fixed by deleting everything and starting over with
video source, etc. I created the XMLTV using tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
exactly from the wiki (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV) and got it
working.

Now I have to go though the schedule rules and see what got affected. I
can already see the previously recorded programs have messed up data for
the channel they were recorded on.

Jim A