[mythtv-users] HD-PVR with Explorer 4742HDC?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 17:03:27 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 7:56 AM Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:

> My provider wants to replace my current cable box with an Explorer
> 4742HDC. Anyone else using one? Does it work OK with the HD PVR (usb)?

Google says it is available with Component video outputs, so as long as
those have not been disabled, it should work.  If they have been disabled,
you could try telling your provider that your TV is old and does not have
HDMI, so you need Component.

The real issue may be controlling it.  Are you using an IR blaster?  You
might need to change the codes it is sending to control the new box. I am
fortunate that my STB can be controlled over the network, so I don't have
to deal with IR.

John