[mythtv-users] mythtv v30 'Could not open decoder' error

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Mon Feb 4 20:57:06 UTC 2019




 ---- On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:11:16 +0000 Tim Pletcher <pletchtd at gmail.com> wrote ---- 
 > On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:28 AM John <jksjdevelop at gmail.com> wrote:
 >                    I also get this error on a remote frontend with version 30. Some       timeout must need a tweak. Note the issue has been there for       several weeks it is not due to a very recent change. I don't use       live tv enough to make it a major issue for me.
 >      
 >    
 > 
 > Good to know that the problem is not unique to me.  I only updated to v30 on Sunday the day prior so it is likely that I simply didn't stumble upon it in the limited use of the system since then.  
 > According to this in the log:Jan 28 19:28:13 k-mint mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[1273]: I CoreContext avformatdecoder.cpp:2772 (OpenAVCodec) AFD: Opened codec 0x55a532b95180, id(AC3) type(Audio)Jan 28 19:28:13 k-mint mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[1273]: E CoreContext avformatdecoder.cpp:2635 (ScanStreams) AFD: Unknown video codec - defaulting to MPEG2It appears that this is related to fallback to software based decoding rather than GPU Hardware based decoding.  Since this is occurring intermittently, you are probably right that it is a timing issue.  Looking at avformatdecoder.cpp and totally speculating because i have no experience with C++, I wonder if is related to SEQ_PKT_ERR_MAX 10 (line 108) which is a criterion used to apply logic to fall back to software decoding?  Is 10 packets perhaps sometimes too sensitive when changing channels via LiveTV?
 > Tim
 >  
 >  _______________________________________________ 
 > mythtv-users mailing list 
 > mythtv-users at mythtv.org 
 > http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users 
 > http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette 
 > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org 
 > 

i haven't done any diags into it yet but I've seen this once in 6 days of running v30. i use dvb-s2 tuner. fixes/29 via the nux dextop repos were working fine but i've since learnt nux isnt kept up to date so i've dumped it in favour of compiling ad-hoc from git.
more of a +1 to this issue than anything helpful :S
i am having unsmooth playback on the same FE though (unless i do a manual setting change for any HD content) , so not sure if it's all related or I've multiple issues. unless something fruitful comes up, i'm planning to reinstall my main FE at the weekend (secondary FE's have yet to be upgraded)



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list