[mythtv-users] mythmusic - scan for new music

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 01:33:56 UTC 2019

hi

mythmusic seems to have lost track of some of my rips that I did
with mythmusic. So I thought I should rescan to try & recover.

I found the documentation about how to rescan [1] but there's no
feedback in the interface that a scan is occurring or complete,
only a couple of lines in mythfrontend.log:

 I CoreContext main.cpp:232 (runScan) Scanning for music files
 I CoreContext musicdata.cpp:61 (scanMusic) Requested a music file scan

Should there be a popup or some kind of status indicator ?
Vince

[1] https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythMusic