[mythtv-users] EIT Active scan

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Wed Aug 14 09:10:53 UTC 2019

On Mi, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:49:42 +0200, Klaas de Waal wrote:
>This can happen if you have configured that your recordings always
>start e.g. 3 minutes before the scheduled start time. If there is a

Yes, the recordings starts 15 minutes earlier than the official start
time.

>change in the scheduled start time in the time interval after your
>recording has started but before the scheduled start time then this is
>seen by MythTV as a new program which will also be recorded because of
>the power rule.

Ah, thanks for your explanation!

>While we are on this subject, if you schedule a single recording and
>the start time does later on change even as little as one minute then
>the entry will be shown in the "Upcoming Recordings" as "Not listed"
>and it will not be recorded.

Yes, I have seen this as well and had missed recordings. :-(

Together with a power rule this can also mean that a deactivated
recording gets suddenly activated again.

Sometimes MythTV acts really stupid.

There’s another thing:
You have a power rule for a show, and there are two (or more) episodes in
series: For security reasons the rule extends your recording for say 15
minutes, then you have overlapping recordings of the same channel at the
same time, until the first recording stops.

MythTV could do a better handover in such cases.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |