[mythtv-users] EIT Active scan

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 08:49:42 UTC 2019

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 10:07, Stephan Seitz
<stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net> wrote:

> I don’t know. But I have seen this:
> I have a power rule to record Snooker (Eurosport 1). Sometimes I have two
> Snooker recordings of the same event. They differ a little concerning
> start and end time (in the end 2 - 5 minutes difference in the recording
> length). It is DVB-S.
>
> Maybe this is the reactione of MythTV to an EIT change, but it is
> a strange one…

This can happen if you have configured that your recordings always
start e.g. 3 minutes before the scheduled start time. If there is a
change in the scheduled start time in the time interval after your
recording has started but before the scheduled start time then this is
seen by MythTV as a new program which will also be recorded because of
the power rule.

This can be considered to be a bug; the start time of a program is now
only changed when the start time is in the future but it should not
modify the start time of a program when it is already being recorded,
even when the start time is in the future.

While we are on this subject, if you schedule a single recording and
the start time does later on change even as little as one minute then
the entry will be shown in the "Upcoming Recordings" as "Not listed"
and it will not be recorded.

Regards,
Klaas.