[mythtv-users] Guidance for phase 9

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:19:16 UTC 2019

In planning for Phase 9 channel reassignments scheduled for next year I
found this quote (paraphrase):

"MythTV rescan is just too difficult so I did it manually and it only took
4 hours"

Not what I wanted to find. Can someone point me to how this should be done.
Specifically, I find four possibilities on how this might be done in two
menus:
In Connect Source to Inputs
1) Scan for Channels
2) Fetch channels from Listing Source

In Channel Editor
1) Channel Scan
2) Edit Transports

I have learned the hard way not to just experiment so I am asking for
guidance.

I have two HD Homerun dual tuners (first generation) so I have four capture
cards listed and connected to a single Video Source called "Antenna North"
which is linked to Schedules Direct. All the capture cards are apparently
set up as MPEG2TS.

My system is Mythbuntu 14.04.1 LTS and MythTV fixes/0.28

Is there some documentation or can someone give me some specific guidance
for doing the required rescan or other channel reassignment process.

Allen