[mythtv-users] setting up HDHomerun Quatro to share tuners with other apps

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 10:33:19 UTC 2019

I have not touched my v30 mythbackend for months and it's worked
perfectly recording on a Hauppauge Quad HD PCIe card.

Now that I have time, I want to add my HDHomerun back into the list of
tuners. Back in v.29 I had to use something called a mythhdhrrecorder
external recorder so the HDHomerun Quatro would be shared with other
systems on the network, like SmartTV.

My current mythtv backend is running V30.  I've found some discussion
that implies that using the external recorder mythhdhrrecorder is not
needed for sharing the individual tuners of the Quatro with other
networked clients like Smart TVs.

Can someone confirm if this is now the way to setup the HDHomerun tuners?

Jim A