[mythtv-users] Upgrade from 29 to 30 status ( was good)

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 20:14:03 UTC 2019

Just wanted to let you know that I did the upgrade this weekend and had no problems!  I did the upgrade because I wanted to be able to take advantage of vaapi2 on intel instead of using the normal ffmpeg or old vaapi( due to the interlacing issues).

I am using xubuntu with the -fixes ppas. On the backend, I am using 18.04, and on the frontends, either 18.10, or beta 19.04.

Oh.. and it also worked well for my amd e350 frontend using VDPAU!

Hats off to the developers for all the additional goodness, and the ability to do a clean upgrade!

Regards