[mythtv-users] MythTV Light installation

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 02:47:37 UTC 2018

On 28 October 2018 4:53:51 am James Purl <jamesp at mzrfzr.com> wrote:

(On topic): I'm going to try my old PS3 BD remote with the built-in bluetooth on a RPi 3B+ mythfrontend I'm building. Anybody have experience with that--specifically do the batteries really run down in a few days on average? I'm aware of the pages on the wiki. If it's too much hassle, back to the interwebs for another FLIRC - I've got other old remotes!

IIRC I tried this about 18m ago but failed because the bluetooth (bluez) program had changed from 4.x to 5.x and too many things had changed. I couldn't get it to pair with 5.x and I couldn't install 4.x because of dependencies or something. YMMV.