[mythtv-users] audio missing from part of recording

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:12:04 UTC 2018

> On Oct 25, 2018, at 4:04 PM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This has recently started happening on my backend system. I start watching a show from a FE that was recorded the previous night and the picture is perfect HD, but the audio will go silent for a few minutes at most and then return.  These are OTA recordings made using a HDHR Quatro. I can't find a pattern yet, but it's usually 1-2 minutes into the start of a recording and then it returns in a few minutes.  There is no video noise or loss of signal.  All the channels that I've noticed this on have 100% as their signal strength.
>
> I checked the backend log and nothing unusual during the duration of the recording.
>
> I have the same experience using multiple frontends. So it's in the recording itself. This started withing the last month.  I've not seen this in many years of using Mythtv.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jim A

I have seen this before as well on OTA, and I imagine it is the fault of the broadcast station. At that time it was long enough that I switched on the closed caption .  I believe I have only seen this on ABC here in America. Also of note was that in a couple of the instances, the background audio was ok, just the voice audio was missing. Strange!

J.R.