[mythtv-users] Video card update fail

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 07:56:03 UTC 2018

On 10/10/18 07:13, Allen Edwards wrote:

> AUDIO) Interesting experiment.  Myth as setup right now and plays only
> through the analog output.  Youtube plays only through the digital
> output.  Go figure. Alsa is set to output both.  Pulse Audio, which got
> installed as part of troubleshooting, will mute Youtube if set to
> analog.  I would have expected it to play through the TV. Maybe I need
> to uninstall Pulse Audio...
>
> VIDEO) Doesn't work on anything except Qt when VDPAU Normal is
> selected.  I mean it technically works, but on Auto or OpenGL when VDPAU
> is set to Normal, the picture is stretched vertically a lot, maybe
> almost double. With it set to Auto and VDPAU set to Slim, my wife
> complained about lots of strange lines in the playback.

There is a frontend-setup setting for "Video aspect override" for this.

There have been some changes in the presentation of the setup screens in
recent years, and at present  I only have access to a kubuntu laptop
running the latest ppa version of master with intel graphics...

Frontend setup > Video > Playback > General Playback >

 > Scaling, or Video aspect override, or Zoom

and, as I said before, I have some control of audio settings from the
kde SystemSettings menus.

HTH,

John