[mythtv-users] systemd revisited

David Williams mythtv_david at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 23:20:04 UTC 2018

I hosed my system: Myth 0.28 on Ubuntu 16.04
I tried loading Ubuntu 18.04/Myth 0.29 and experienced headaches others have reported so I decided to go back to basics until the bugs are worked out.
I reloaded Ubuntu 16.04/Myth 0.28. Plain Jane stuff. As expected I ran into the problem where the back end starts too quickly for my tuners thus I did as I'd learned previously and employed Steven Worthington's fix. It seemed odd that a year later it didn't work so I persevered and repeated the process. Twice. With the same results of no success.
Am I making an error (repeatedly) or, say, has something in the subsequent fixes altered the fix?
As an alternative I tried to install 0.28 on Xubuntu 18.04. I couldn't figure out how to downgrade 0.29 with either Synaptic or the command line install. Even after I set PPA for 0.28 it downloaded 0.29. Is there a way to achieve this and/or is there somewhere I can download 0.28. I looked but it was elusive.
In the interim I'm back to 0.27/Xubuntu 14.04.
I really cannot adequately express my thanks to the developers and the helpful people on this forum.
Dave
Steven Worthington's aforementioned fix: