[mythtv-users] HDHR Premium Scheduling Crash

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Nov 30 22:40:47 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 03:53:26PM -0500, Jameson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 3:42 PM Jameson <imntreal at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You need to find the cause of these messages before you go any
> > > further.  Something is adding inputs to the database without the
> > > scheduler knowing about it.  The only other explanation I can see is
> > > memory or database corruption.
> >
> > Well, as I was saying, I only get those if I have more than one input
> > with my HDHRPremium source assigned to it. If I only have it assigned
> > to one input for one of the Quatro capture cards, I don't get any of
> > those warnings. (I obviously get warnings about invalid channels for
> > the inputs with no sources assigned, but mythbackend is able to start
> > up without the scheduler crashing in that case.) If it's assigned to
> > more than one, I get those warnings for each of the inputs I assign it
> > to.
>
> Well, I went through and switched the arrbitrary device IDs on the
> capture cards from 0 - 3 to 1 - 4, so that mythtv-setup would need to
> update each of them in the database. Now, it appears I'm able to start
> up with the source assigned to each of the inputs. I'll bet when I had
> manually added/updated capture cards in the database, earlier, I must
> have done something invalid.
>
> Thanks for working with me on this.

I'm changing that warning message to an error and also adding another
message saying it will likely result in a crash.  Do you happen to
have a backup of the capturecard and inputgroup tables from when it
crashes?  That particular error should not happen unless the database
is changed manually while the backend is running.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net