[mythtv-users] HDHR Premium Scheduling Crash

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:53:26 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 3:42 PM Jameson <imntreal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 3:02 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 09:02:24PM -0500, Jameson wrote:
> > > W  Scheduler, Warning: Ignored 0 entries for invalid input 12
> > > W  Scheduler, Warning: Ignored 0 entries for invalid input 16
> >
> > You need to find the cause of these messages before you go any
> > further.  Something is adding inputs to the database without the
> > scheduler knowing about it.  The only other explanation I can see is
> > memory or database corruption.
>
> Well, as I was saying, I only get those if I have more than one input
> with my HDHRPremium source assigned to it. If I only have it assigned
> to one input for one of the Quatro capture cards, I don't get any of
> those warnings. (I obviously get warnings about invalid channels for
> the inputs with no sources assigned, but mythbackend is able to start
> up without the scheduler crashing in that case.) If it's assigned to
> more than one, I get those warnings for each of the inputs I assign it
> to.

Well, I went through and switched the arrbitrary device IDs on the
capture cards from 0 - 3 to 1 - 4, so that mythtv-setup would need to
update each of them in the database. Now, it appears I'm able to start
up with the source assigned to each of the inputs. I'll bet when I had
manually added/updated capture cards in the database, earlier, I must
have done something invalid.

Thanks for working with me on this.
Jameson