[mythtv-users] firetvstick 4k - MythTV frontend now working for me

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:34:23 UTC 2018

The puzzlement may not be over yet, but it's looking good.

Mostly my problems have been firewall and DB access, and would have
happened with any remote frontend; I hadn't felt the need for one before.

I believe that I now have the firewall set to enable all the IP4 ports
listed during backend startup, and mariadb privileges were granted
approximately as shown here:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/configuring-mariadb-for-remote-client-access/

At present I haven't been able to add the 'First entry' and 'Second
entry' items listed in the mythtv android wiki, and the speaker tests in
the 'Audio' setup don't work, telling me not to disable OSS.  The audio
test in the 'General' section is fine.

The HD-playback test in Setup, and the DVB-T2 HD recordings I have
tried, are not good.  That could be because of the missing settings
above,  (which specify inter alia the number of active cores) or because
I'm using wifi; but that's apparently now at 5 GHz over a distance of
less than 2 m.

This is all using Peter's build of
mythfrontend-20181124-arm-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a   Great work!

The backend is v30-Pre-984, Fedora 28.

John P