[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend on amazon fire tv stick 4k

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:04:21 UTC 2018

> On Nov 25, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With the latest master changes, mythfrontend is working perfectly with a fire stick 4K, currently on sale for $35. I am using it with the optional ethernet adapter ($15), but it should work with high speed wifi. I watched for a few hours over two nights with no issues. See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android . It does not play 4K video through MythTV at this time, and you need an amazon.com login. If you have subscriptions to netflix, amazon prime, etc. you can use it for those as well.
>
> Peter

I assume this working perfectly is a function of the FireTV Stick 4K version. I have the FireTV stick that’s not 4k and Mythfrontend on it is too jumpy and not usable.  I’d like to consolidate all my equipment connected to the big TV in the den.  The TV is a Smart TV by Samsung and can do a lot of apps like SlingTV, Prime Video, etc.  But no Mythfrontend or Kodi.  I have s RP3+ running Mythfrontend and Kodi, and the FireTV stick.

Jim A