[mythtv-users] Harmony remote update method

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Nov 22 11:38:31 UTC 2018

Sigh. Just when I thought it was all going so smoothly...

I have recently bought a new TV and need to reprogram my Harmony 650 remote for it.

Unfortunately, the website I previously used (http://members.harmonyremote.com/) now has some kind
of squatter on it and is apparently defunct.

A search leads me to: https://www.myharmony.com/en-gb/ which in turn asks me to download a Windows
or Mac program in order to log in.

I don't have access to either of those, but I didn't before. Then I installed a program called
"congruity" which sat behind the web page and processed the downloaded files as if it were the
Windows thing.

Now, I can't even create a new login on the new system, since it wants to use this useless Windows
program to do it.

Can somebody tell me the secret incantation to get this thing working? I'm sure I can't be the only
person on the list that has to do this. The information on the wiki is relatively old and tells me
nothing about the actual process of getting to the website in the first place.

--

Mike Perkins