[mythtv-users] upgrading mythtv from V.28 to 29 or later while staying on 16.04

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 03:44:00 UTC 2018

Hey all,

This may be a dumb question, but is it as simple as adding the PPA for v29
and telling apt to update (or upgrade?) mythtv backend and frontend?

I can't upgrade to 18.04 due to an ancient video card that requires the 304
driver. But I recently heard that a memory leak has been fixed in MythTV
29. I have an older server with 4 Gigs of ram that needs to be rebooted
every few days due to memory issues.

Sorry if this has been covered on this list, but I watch it pretty closely
and just don't remember if this specific question has been asked. I only
know I shouldn't bother upgrading to 18.04 due to my reliance on the nvidia
304 driver from this list, and I heard about the memory leak fix from this
list too.

Thanks for any advice!

-- George