[mythtv-users] Upgrading from MythBuntu 14.04 to 16.04 - Potential issues?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:26:41 UTC 2018

With the upcoming EOL status of Ubuntu 14.04, I'm considering upgrading
my MythBuntu box to 16.04.  I had seen a recent thread about caveats of
upgrading to 18.04 and it was a bit too long for my liking so I'll
probably wait until the dust settles there a bit before attempting that.

Anyway, I have an up-to-date 14.04 box with MythTV 0.28 fixes.  The OS
itself is a bit customized over the years that I've had it, so I'd
prefer to go the clean-install and DB-restore route.

For anybody who has gone from 14.04 to 16.04 recently (or remembers that
it took), is there a list of gotchas or other things that may not go as
expected?   Perhaps obviously, I'll be starting with creating a full OS
backup, and I'll plan to stick with 0.28 until I'm comfortable that
16.04 is working well.

Thanks!
-WD