[mythtv-users] 2 missing channels with XMLTV JSON, but not missing with DataDirect.

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:34:24 UTC 2018

> On Nov 19, 2018, at 7:34 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 1:08 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So problem solved.
>
> Well, maybe not.  We don't know the root cause,
> just the results, so your issue may reappear.  At
> some level, if it works, don't try to fix it, but it would
> have been interesting at the time for you to perform
> some additional debugging.

Like you, I hate to have problems that go away without an explanation. I did learn that there are 2 different feeds for SD’s data. So it’s possible that SD DataDirect could be different from JSON.  But during debug this morning, I checked to see if the overnight grab of EPG data had fixed the problem and it had not.  I ran your JSON script to get the list of channels and it was still wrong.  So within 15 minutes I kill all Video Sources and setup the SD Internal Datadirect guide and it was right.  Then I ran the same JSON script to get the list of channels and it was fixed.  All within 1 hour.  Then I killed all the video sources again and started over with setting up XMLTV JSON and this time it was right.  I can’t imagine that the same script that pulled the wrong data on 1 channel pulled the right data an hour later.

To me this seems like a source data problem.  When I pointed it out to SD, at first they said they had no problem, but it got fixed within hours.

I’m going to check the guide extensively over the next few days to see if the problem comes back.  I’ve been running the JSON stuff for SD for almost a year and this is the first issue I’ve seen.

Jim A