[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu package testing

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:22:22 UTC 2018

On 18/11/18 02:47, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> Can someone test the 29.1 packages in the Mythbuntu experimental? They
> appear to be good but I don't have a way to test them and I'd like to
> move the packaging process to launchpad
>
> https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
> <https://launchpad.net/%7Emythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages>
>
> I've currently only built the 29.1 packages on this PPA for 18.04, so
> that's the only way to test it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas:  Mike B mentioned that ppa:mythbuntu/30 was back in action
and I have just updated an old laptop from the previous build to
2:30.0~master.20181118.8f03c4b~ubuntu16.04.1 under kubuntu.

I run my boxes from two konsole tabs with mythbackend in one and
mythfrontend.real in the other, so not 'typical', but it seems to be
working well.

'About' shows only 'Revision: v30-Pre' but recent commits like the
MythTV.services_api and AVSync2 show up just as they do on my RH-based
boxes.

Thank you.

John P