[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu package testing

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 12:46:09 UTC 2018

On 18/11/2018 11:38, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 17, 2018, 11:24 PM Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com
> <mailto:mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     On 18/11/2018 02:47, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>     > Can someone test the 29.1 packages in the Mythbuntu
>     experimental? They
>     > appear to be good but I don't have a way to test them and I'd
>     like to
>     > move the packaging process to launchpad
>     >
>     >
>     https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
>     >
>     > I've currently only built the 29.1 packages on this PPA for
>     18.04, so
>     > that's the only way to test it.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     >
>     > Thomas
>
>     On a clean install Xubuntu 18.04.
>
>     According to apt update after adding the repo there is no Release
>     file:
>
>     mike at mike-Aspire-V3-571:/etc/apt$ sudo apt update
>     Hit:1 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
>     Get:2 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease
>     [88.7
>     kB]
>     Get:3 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports InRelease
>     [74.6 kB]
>     Get:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease
>     [83.2 kB]
>     Ign:5
>     https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
>
>     bionic InRelease
>     Err:6
>     https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
>
>     bionic Release
>        404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.89.222 443]
>     Reading package lists... Done
>     E: The repository
>     'https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/experimental/+packages
>
>     bionic Release' does not have a Release file.
>     N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
>     therefore disabled by default.
>     N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
>     configuration details.
>

>     Is there some incantation to allow install without a Release file ?
>
>     Mike

> That's my bad, I was linking to the page and linked to the one without
> instructions. You need to run this to add the PPA.
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/experimental

That works.

I installed mythtv  package (client/server), mythweb, plus plugins
mythnews, mythbrowser

Configured a single VBOX network tuner, LiveTV and recording all work.

The usual issues (all have trac tickets) were experienced:

user not  added to mythtv group (removal of gksu)

file 20-mythweb.ini installed in /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d should be
/etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d

Mike