[mythtv-users] program guide missing 1 channel

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:55:50 UTC 2018

> On Nov 18, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Barry Martin <barry3martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim!
>

>> I wonder if this is a mythtv configuration problem or a SchedulesDirect problem. I just noticed that the ABC affiliate in Raleigh, NC, 11-1, has no program data in the EPG now.  It used to.  I thought this would be an issue for the SD forum, but I can’t login to that with my SD account and I can’t seem to create a login due to their human vs. spambot trap. I guess I’m not smart enough.
>>
>> What is odd, is this is the VHF channel I’m have a lots of problems with and I’m working with the SiliconDust engineers to figure out the problem. I’m testing new firmware and providing data to them during these tests.
>
> I have a VHF station locally (WHBF, Ch. 4-1, transmitting on RF 4) and subscribe to SchedulesDirect and do not have any problems with the Guide.  I presume you have checked your account on SD to make certain the request for data for your Channel 11_1 is active (didn't get turned off accidentally)?

I’m going to redo all the SD stuff tomorrow. But I normally use XMLTV JSON SD Lite grabber and it’s been untouched for weeks and it’s been grabbing 11-1 ABC EPG.  But today I noticed that I had NO DATA in their position of the EPG. I tried creating a non-XMLTV SD Video Source and it didn’t find any data.  Also create a Video Source for EIT only and it’s didn’t find any data.

I just heard while typing this email from SD and they say that 11-1 had data on the server. If that’s the case, then somehow the problem is in Mythtv or XMLTV JSON.

All my Sunday night recordings are working fine and none are on 11-1, so I’ll wait until tomorrow morning when nothing is recording to try and redo the setup.

Jim A