[mythtv-users] program guide missing 1 channel

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:25:13 UTC 2018

Hi Jim!

> I wonder if this is a mythtv configuration problem or a
> SchedulesDirect problem. I just noticed that the ABC affiliate in
> Raleigh, NC, 11-1, has no program data in the EPG now.  It used to.  I
> thought this would be an issue for the SD forum, but I can’t login to
> that with my SD account and I can’t seem to create a login due to
> their human vs. spambot trap. I guess I’m not smart enough.
>
> What is odd, is this is the VHF channel I’m have a lots of problems
> with and I’m working with the SiliconDust engineers to figure out the
> problem. I’m testing new firmware and providing data to them during
> these tests.

I have a VHF station locally (WHBF, Ch. 4-1, transmitting on RF 4) and
subscribe to SchedulesDirect and do not have any problems with the
Guide.  I presume you have checked your account on SD to make certain
the request for data for your Channel 11_1 is active (didn't get turned
off accidentally)?

...Looked at my password book and may have figured out why you're having
problems with creating an SD Forum account.  I had an problem a year
ago: "Create a nonsense word using the third letter of bedazzle and the
letter that's next to itself".  OK, the 3rd letter is 'd'; simple.  The
'letter next to itself' got me (too). The answer is 'z' (two z's!!). So
the answer to that capcha is 'dz'!!

Barry