[mythtv-users] Mythhdhrrecorder and Silicondust Premier issues with tuning

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:05:03 UTC 2018

> On Nov 11, 2018, at 6:37 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 6:55 PM Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople)
> <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, though I did have to make some mods in the mythhdhrrecorder to comment out all the references to the systemd logging on raspbian. There was a bag of hurt in it when I tried to install the systemd dev stuff to try to get the systemd.h include installed.
>
> You probably need to move to a more recent distribution
> (I had thought that current raspbian was based on stretch,
> and that should be sufficiently recent, but I admit that I
> have not followed that distribution to know where they are
> in support).

Raspbian is based on stretch.

>> I just told mythhdhrrecorder to use syslog for logging while running it.
>
> systemd logging is optional to use (you can use syslog, or
> file, or whatever logging), but the recorder expects the
> library to be there.  You could alternatively create a (probably)
> dozen line python function to dummy things out (as I recall,
> only one dummy function would need to be provided, although
> I might be mis-remembering).

It was easy to comment out the systemd logging as you have it pretty well compartmented in mythhdhrrecorder.

>> I am looking at the schedules direct report on schedules direct.com for both the 00001 and 00002 versions and they both have the logical channel number column set to 1 for all 40+ channels on the premier list.
>
> The legacy DD pages only show channel 1.  AFAIK you really
> need to convert to the JSON grabbers to get proper numbers.
>
> The DD interface might work if you are willing to use the HLS
> interface (as someone else documented), or perhaps with some
> careful channel and xmltvid updates in mythtv-setup, but it is
> the hard way to do it.  If you like doing things the hard way,
> more power to you, but you really should consider moving to
> an appropriate JSON XMLTV grabber.

I see now..  I do use the json grabber on my ‘production’ machine, but was using DD on my test. I will convert it to json.

>> So once I have subscribed to the premier service the mythhdhrrecorder will see the correct channel numbers for the premium service from the hdhr4 tuner?
>
> Read the docs already provided which document and
> explain the process for numbers and access to the
> HDHR (they go into the various idiosynchronicities
> regarding subscription management and the tuners).

I will update after I get converted.

Are you OK with me adding my observations to your documentation and post it on mythtv.org <http://mythtv.org/> once I am done?

Thanks!