[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup issues on 18.04

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:45:05 UTC 2018

Besides the issue of mythv install not adding $USER to group 'mythtv'
automatically, I'm finding that after you complete setup it will not
properly start mythbackend or do mythfilldatabase if chosen. I had to
exit mythtv-setup without starting the backend or mythfilldatabase. Then
reboot, then manually run mythfilldatabase prior to mythfrontend working.

Not sure this issue, but my instructions will include this exit and reboot.

Jim A