[mythtv-users] Greek Channels Scan

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri May 18 02:05:38 UTC 2018

On Thu, 17 May 2018 23:45:25 +0300, you wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>i set up myth tv. My card is wintv-hvr-5525 HD of hauppauge. Although in
>cafeine i can scan channels with success and see live tv without
>problem, in myth tv i can not scan channels successfully. The scan
>utility also worked for my card with the attaches channels.conf file.
>Only the myth tv setup can not scan the Greek channels from Digea. Is
>there any way to import the channels.conf file to myth dv or fix the
>problem with mythtv-setup scan?

Scanning is not done blind, a list of frequencies is used for the
scan.  So if the list used by the command line scan utility is
different from the one used by MythTV, that could be the problem. Run
mythtv-setup and check your source settings to see what channel table
it is set to scan with:

Video sources > select your source > Channel frequency table.

There are several possible settings for European countries, but if
they are not working, use the bottom setting "try-all".  It will take
a lot longer to scan, but will try all possible frequencies used
around the world.  And when doing the scan, use the "Full scan"
option.