[mythtv-users] Wifi

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 18:38:49 UTC 2018

On 25/01/18 14:20, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Greetings Mtyhizens, my recent move is requiring using WiFi within a 12
> foot proximity. I use two internal cards and one HDHR. Would a WiFi
> extender kit (ac to cat5) be any better than a 300 mbps dual band USB
> dongle? Hard wiring would create a trip hazard or require fishing thru
> walls and ceiling. How much data is moving when the HDHR is recording
> two HD episodes at the same time?

I don't have an HDHR so can't comment on its performance over wifi.

If you end up using wifi for this use case to ensure doing so over 5GHz
wifi rather than 2.4GHz. There's a lot more capacity in the 5GHz band so
you are much more likely to be "alone" in the chosen channel, rather
than having to share the airwaves with other users.