[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Jan 20 18:50:24 UTC 2018

Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote on Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 06:46:27PM +0100:
> On 20/01/18 18:34, Alec Leamas wrote:
> > Hm... https://sourceforge.net/p/lirc/tickets/291/, right?
> >
> > --alec
> >

> The above wasn't posted to the list by Alec so I'm quoting it in its
> entirety.
>
> Perhaps my understanding of the above-mentioned lirc ticket is
> incorrect, but I take it to mean that the remote "goes to sleep"
> completely, after a certain amount of time of not being used.
>
> This does not align with at least my observed symptoms: in my case the
> first keypress after having started playback in mythtv is ignored,
> regardless of how long ago playback was started.

My symptoms match Jan's exactly, so I agree that the issue described in that
LIRC ticket isn't the same one we're seeing.

Just to elaborate on the behavior I'm seeing in case my original description
wasn't clear:

1. Navigate around in the MythTV menu with the remote, find the recording I
   want to watch, press OK. Playback starts.

2. Once playback has started, press any remote button (Pause, Info, Skip
   Forward, etc.). The press isn't recognized. It doesn't matter whether I
   pressed the button immediately after playback started or waited 20 minutes.

3. Press a button again. It could be the same button as the first one or a
   different one. This time the press is recognized. For the remainder of the
   playback of this recording, all button presses are recognized, no matter how
   long I wait between presses.

4. Exit the recording.

   menu are recognized, the first press after playback is ignored, and
   subsequent presses during playback are recognized.