[mythtv-users] mythTV can't tune channel 56_1 in Boston, but TV and HDHomeRun app can (Gary Buhrmaster)

Ken Yee kenkyee at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 19:31:59 UTC 2018

Gary Buhrmaster wrote:> for 56.1 the real channel used to be real channel 41, but it recently
> moved to share real channel 42 (sharing with WHDH(*) which broadcasts> as virtual channel 7.x) [Note, both will change to real channel 35 RSN].

Thanks.  That gave me the clue I needed....solution was to delete all channels in the Backend Setup Channel Editor and rescan on all tuners (probably only needed to do it on one tuner but did all just to make sure).Didn't even need to reboot the system this time, unlike last time when I upgraded the tuner :-)
Signal strength now measures around 65% according to the MythTV display.
Puzzling that the TV remapped the channel->freq by itself magically and MythTV couldn't.The HDHomeRun app probably never saw the channel before it was moved, so had no problems seeing the new channel frequency...
 ken