[mythtv-users] Export to videos on 0.28.2 (Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py)

Preston Crow pc-mythtv13 at crowcastle.net
Fri Feb 23 04:13:44 UTC 2018

On 02/22/18 22:27, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 02/22/2018 06:53 PM, Preston Crow wrote:
>> I've been using the Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py script for some time, and it
>> has worked great for me.
>>
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py
>>
>> I recently did a major upgrade on my system, including bumping from
>> 0.28.1 to 0.28.2, and now the script is failing.  I'm not a Python
>> programmer, but added some log lines to track it down, and it's
>> failing on the line:
>>
>>              results = grab.sortedSearch(self.rec.title,
>> self.rec.subtitle)
>>
>> The message I get is:
>>
>>          Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py ERROR in Processing  -- Message was:
>> External system call failed: code 126
>>
>> I can't say whether this is from the 0.28.1 -> 0.28.2 upgrade, or if
>> it's due to upgrading everything else on my system.  I tried checking
>> the 0.28.2 release notes on the Wiki, but nobody has created that
>> page yet.
>>
>> If it matters, I'm running Gentoo, with my own 0.28.2 ebuilds
>> (https://bugs.gentoo.org/648564).
>>
>> I would like to get this resolved in 0.28.2 before upgrading to 29.1,
>> unless there's good reason to suspect a bug only in 0.28.2.
>>
>> Any suggestions for what to try?
>
> I'd guess that the line above is where the failure happens.
> VideoGraber(), which appears
> twice in the script you mentioned (I don't use it.)
>
> Look in your Python bindings for the file dataheap.py. Note that it
> can be used for
> either TV or MOVIE data and ends up calling one of:
>
>         path = {'tv':'metadata/Television/ttvdb.py',
>                 'movie':'metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'}
>
> Last year TTVDB moved to a new API. You might try running the
> grabber from command line to see if it's failing.
>
> See also: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/TheTVDB_API_v2

Yes, it looks like that's it.  Thanks.  This is also used for retrieving
metadata in mythvideo, which is also failing.  The video export script
works just fine for movies.

What does work is the metadata lookup job within MythTV, which gets a
background image for the series.  I'm guessing that doesn't use the same
script, or at least not the same options.

I tried the ttvdb.py script from 29.1, and had the same results.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13084

Apparently a lot of work went in to getting this script adjusted for the
new format.  Did something get missed where it's still broken for
mythvideo and the export script?

I found that if I comment out the entire else statement where the line
is failing, it behaves as if it couldn't find a match in the lookup and
exports the video just fine.  The only issue is that it doesn't fill in
the cast and director data.

So I can work around it for now, and once it's fixed, I can load the
metadata inside mythvideo, but I would like to get it fixed.  Any ideas
on that?