[mythtv-users] Export to videos on 0.28.2 (Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py)

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 03:27:01 UTC 2018

On 02/22/2018 06:53 PM, Preston Crow wrote:
> I've been using the Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py script for some time, and it has worked great for me.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py
>
> I recently did a major upgrade on my system, including bumping from 0.28.1 to 0.28.2, and now the script is failing.  I'm not a Python
> programmer, but added some log lines to track it down, and it's failing on the line:
>
>              results = grab.sortedSearch(self.rec.title, self.rec.subtitle)
>
> The message I get is:
>
>          Myth-Rec-to-Vid.py ERROR in Processing  -- Message was: External system call failed: code 126
>
> I can't say whether this is from the 0.28.1 -> 0.28.2 upgrade, or if it's due to upgrading everything else on my system.  I tried checking the
> 0.28.2 release notes on the Wiki, but nobody has created that page yet.
>
> If it matters, I'm running Gentoo, with my own 0.28.2 ebuilds (https://bugs.gentoo.org/648564).
>
> I would like to get this resolved in 0.28.2 before upgrading to 29.1, unless there's good reason to suspect a bug only in 0.28.2.
>
> Any suggestions for what to try?

I'd guess that the line above is where the failure happens. VideoGraber(), which appears
twice in the script you mentioned (I don't use it.)

Look in your Python bindings for the file dataheap.py. Note that it can be used for
either TV or MOVIE data and ends up calling one of:

         path = {'tv':'metadata/Television/ttvdb.py',
                 'movie':'metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py'}

Last year TTVDB moved to a new API. You might try running the
grabber from command line to see if it's failing.

See also: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/TheTVDB_API_v2

--
Bill