[mythtv-users] Latest 30.0-master frontend won't connect to 29.1 backend?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:55:19 UTC 2018

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018, at 15:33, James Abernathy wrote:

> I hate to switch versions on the backend too close to the start of a new release, but my only choice on the Nvidia shield is v30.

> Thoughts?

"If it ain't broke..."

It's entirely your decision of course but FWIW I'm one of those people who is [very] reluctant to risk breaking a solid reliable system (which is what I have at the moment with 29.1) to take advantage of the latest features.

It's only a few months now since I built a completely "new" Myth system to replace my ageing hardware and Ubuntu 12.04/Mythv27, and I opted then to use Lubuntu 16.04 as a base rather than go for the latest 18.04.

It's quite important to me to have a system here which the family can use as and when they want to schedule and watch recordings without wondering if it will work as expected. I have a 30-master back/frontend setup on my laptop to "tinker" with but my main system will be sticking on 29.1 for a while yet.

Your mileage may vary :-)

George