[mythtv-users] Latest 30.0-master frontend won't connect to 29.1 backend?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:10:39 UTC 2018

On 12/29/18 8:58 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

> On 29/12/2018 13:46, James Abernathy wrote:
>

>>> On Dec 29, 2018, at 8:30 AM, George Poulson
>>> <george.poulson at gmail.com <mailto:george.poulson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it just me or has there been a recent change to the [mythbuntu
>>> build of] 30.0-master frontend resulting in it no longer connecting
>>> to a v29.1-fixes backend?
>>
>> I’m running Master v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a on my Nvidia Shield and
>> my backend is V29.1
>>
>> Jim A.
>>

> Yeah the Android builds are experimental and have been set to ignore
> the database schema to make them easier to test.  At the moment it
> isn't a problem since the differences are unlikely to cause any
> problems but that could change in the future.
>

> --
>
> Paul H.
>
> MythTV Developer

So since my backend is up to date with the latest 12-28-2018 update of
V29.1 on Ubuntu Server 18.04.1. How big a deal will it be to switch to
v30 backend when it comes out? I'm not too worried about the frontends
as I have Pre-30 working on the Mac, v29.1 on the Ubuntu 18.04 desktop,
pre-30 on Nvidia Shield, and Kodi.pvr.mythtv on a RP3 B+. All work fine,
but my backend uses the mythhdhrrecorder external recorder. I'm hoping
that gets tested.

I hate to switch versions on the backend too close to the start of a new
release, but my only choice on the Nvidia shield is v30.

Thoughts?

Jim A