[mythtv-users] Need guidance for setting up a 4K frontend

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:34:08 UTC 2018

Hello all
Looking to get directions on what/how regarding building a frontend that is
capable of playing UHD 4K movies please.

I have a Ubuntu backend on a VM working great with my Zotac ION CentOS
frontend. However, it does NOT play TrueHD, DTS-HD and def not any UHD/4K
movies.

So I thought maybe invest a bit and build out a frontend that is capable of
playing 7.1 lossless audio as well as 4K movies.

Any suggestions please? I saw a few posts about Amazon Firestick 4K but
someone said it does not play 4K so that burst the bubble...

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

Ash