[mythtv-users] Is Nvidia Shield the future for Mythtv Frontend??

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:24:09 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 11:06 AM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 11:54:45PM -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> > As soon as Logitech gets voice input working from the remote to Android,
> > will be happy and will sell my old Philips Pronto remotes (even though
> they
> > do not have half the features of Harmony).
>
> Are they working on that?  I also wish they'd come out with a
> replacement remote that has a microphone.

Not to my knowledge, but they would be stupid not to be working on it
IMHO.  It could be used on Roku, Android and Apple right out of the gate.
I have been letting the house use the slim shield remotes for a year or so
amd the search on Android TV that searches my Plex and online content just
makes it so damn easy, it is a tv watching game changer..  Not having to
browse the library via key presses is *very* nice as you probably agree.

If they are not working on it, I would be shocked.  I am sure it would
resuire changing the comms between the remote and hub from RF to BT or IP,
but hell - that cannot be too hard since that protocol is already written
and running in the hub.   It is not a true engineering re-write as I would
call it - more of a shuffle.  Time will tell.