[mythtv-users] tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite version 1.65

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Dec 22 12:08:41 UTC 2018

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 05:58:35 -0500, you wrote:

>> Yes, there are still all sorts of complications from having to rescan
>> the channels.  I do channel updates manually, so I have not done a
>> rescan for years.  If you use any "power" recording rules, where there
>> is some SQL code (stored in the subtitle field I think), then they
>> also need to be checked for use of chanid numbers.
>
>We are going to go through the FCC repack later in 2019. I'm wondering
>how do you edit the channel data manually once that happens to avoid the
>rescan? I only have 19 channel in one video source and the same 19 +3
>other channels in the 2nd video source. This should be manageable for
>manual editing.
>
>I imagine HDHR tuners using mythhdhrrecord do some visualizing of
>channel data. I'm hoping that could make this process easier??
>
>Jim A

As long as the repack does not use a new mux, then it should only need
database editing to change the serviceid (if that changes - it did not
here when we did something similar) and the mplexid in the channel
table.  Just change the mplexid to the one corresponding to the mux
the channel has moved to - see the dtv_multiplex table to find the
muxes.

However, that is for standard digital channels - I am not sure how
mythhdhrecord does things.  Or how FCC repacks actually do things.