[mythtv-users] new drive, same problem

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 19:17:58 UTC 2018

Amazon replaced, what I figured was a wonky drive and it drops out
occasionally just like the one it replaced. I have my OS on SSD in sata1
three recording drives on sata2,3&4. and ide rom drive and a blueray rom
drive into a sata port on a PCI card.

With the first drive I copied with gparted, then clonezilla, and this one I
used rsync.

No matter which sata port, sata cable, or power cable, it's always storage2
that drops out.

Why does boot-repair install grub on all disks? Do I need it beyond the SSD
with my OS?

Even after I went into the BIOS and highlighted the Kingston SSD as the
first boot disk, boot-repair noted an error suggesting I make sure that the
Kingston was the first boot disk?

Where else can I look? What more info can I provide? This should be simple,
right?

TIA  Daryl