[mythtv-users] Nvidia chipset

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Fri Dec 21 18:10:27 UTC 2018

On 12/20/2018 7:33 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
><snip>
>
> What is your motherboard?  There are known bugs in the device drivers
> for old Nvidia motherboards that make some drives do bad things - I
> have an old Nvidia board where my Samsung 1 Tbyte drive will not work
> - I have to run if from a PCIe SATA port.  I bisected the kernel and
> reported the changes that caused this, but to date it has not been
> fixed.

Hi Stephen,

What Nvidia chipset did you have a problem with? My sister's myth box
has an Asus M3n78-pro mobo with a GeForce 8300 chipset. It has been
supporting 3 3TB sata III drives for a few years and I'm planning on
swapping one out for a 6TB sata III drive for Christmas. I'm hoping
since the mobo hasn't had any problems with the 3 drives, I won't hit
the driver bug you did. If it's the same chipset, maybe the bug is
limited to SSDs?

TIA,
Helen