[mythtv-users] Upgrading from MythBuntu 14.04 to 16.04 - Potential issues?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:33:22 UTC 2018

On 11/21/18 12:26 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
> I'll plan to stick with 0.28 until I'm comfortable that
> 16.04 is working well.

For the record, I made the switch to 29 without any trouble.  It just
involved selecting that version in mythbuntu-control-centre and then
installing updates.  And to be honest, I can't tell that anything had
changed other than now seeing "mythbackend version:  [v29.1]
www.mythtv.org" in mythbackend.log.

Perhaps I'm more likely to get bug fixes now, but as it stands it seems
exactly the same to me.

-WD